Tuesday, October 14, 2008

FX & Futures LOSSES... 13.10.2008

just to make a note of how much money I made and lost these 2 last months:

:: in the end of spring - April 2008 I depostied 10k USD in GFT --outcome:

1. in August I made 55k - withdrew 7k -

2. again made it to 55k and lost it on a single trade in 5 minutes when the GBPUSD daily range from 300 pip overextended to 400+ pips ina liquidation trade..........

3. deposited 15k USD again made it to 21 k and lost themm in a trade

4. Oct 2008 deposited 15k USD more -- made them to 34k - withdrew 6k

5. these left 27k - I made into 38 k the same week and then lost them today in a single trade while shorting GBPUSD - AGAINST THE TREND!!!!!!!

6. the 9K I had in CMC CFD trading account I made to 12k and lost them while trying to buy the bottom in S&P and Dow futures... AGAIN AGAINST the TREND!!!
........................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................

how much money I have to lose to get this simple idea that to be consistently successful I have to act right :

1. discipline -- to wait for the right moment and for the opportunity to reveal

2. discipline -- to use leverage only when in profit and when the edge is in my favor!!!

3. discipline -- to develop scanerio and risk level and respect the RISK levels and initial strategy!!!

4. disicipline -- to use leverage only to the level I can manage the drawdown and to be able to come back if I am wrong or late to bail out...

5. DISCIPLINE -- to make the hard choise of being with the trend - buy high - sell higher if in trend mode!!!

6. TREND - to start trading first define the market mode :: Trend or Range ?

No comments:

Post a Comment